I love a good salad. For some reason, this year hasn’t seen very many of them feature on my dinner plate. I remember it being a lunch time staple in my pre-(ve)gan days, and thought I should give it a go again despite the constant craving for hearty meals. This salad was so simple to throw together, I was done 15 minutes, and had my little girl to “help”.
You could throw in any raw veg you have lying around – not much you can do to mess this up.
Makes about 10-12 servings
- Lots of leaves – lamb’s lettuce, romaine lettuce, rocket (feel free to use spinach, kale or anything leafy that’s in season). I used the entire bag of lamb’s lettuce and rocket, and half a head of romaine lettuce
- 5 small carrots, grated or sliced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 small red bell peppers, chopped
- 500g pack of cherry tomatoes, diced
- 4 tbsp sultanas (I’m in love with these lately so was very generous in adding them – you can reduce the amount or sub raisins)
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, roasted
- 2 Tbsp sunflowe, roasted
- 2 tsp flax or chia seeds
- Himalayan sea salt (optional – i omitted it)
- Mix the leaves and veggies in a salad bowl
- Top with raisins and seeds.
- Serve as is or drizzled with a little olive oil.
sharing is caring!