I recently visited a friend who lives out in the country side, on a golf course. Her husband is a very talented artist (you can see some of his extraordinary work here – Frank Rosenzweig) who has helped me design some pretty awesome business cards.
This salad was served for lunch and it rocked! I must have helped myself to 3 servings (and that was me holding back!). This is a sweetish salad – perfect for a meal/dessert combo.
Serves 8 -10
- 1 pack rocket leaves
- 1 pack lamb’s lettuce (if you can find baby spinach leaves, add them too)
- 500g pack of vine ripened cherry tomatoes (first quarter these and half each quarter)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 4 figs (first quarter these and half each quarter)
- 2 avocados, diced
Mustard vinaigrette dressing
- 3 tsp mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 3 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the salad bowl and toss again.
sharing is caring!